The application allows to:
- refer dwg files and aerial photographs (orthophotos) and to manage the displaying in an optimal way;
- read shp files (forms + database) and xml formats from surveys with high-performance vehicles (MMS - Mobile Mapping System);
- overlay to the project the free online mapping (Google, Bing, OpenStreetMap, etc.).
- read files from LiDAR surveys (Light Detection And Ranging) or traditional topography, for building a digital terrain model (DTM);
- vectorize or survey the axes, the mile-stones and house numbers so that all elements related to road infrastructure are automatically referenced by their position on the axis;
- enter the monitoring forms of maintenance through checklists specific for each type of object, in order to deduct the current state of degradation and its evolution;
- maintenance planning by calculating the relative cost for each intervention;
- prepare summary tables with priority interventions and their budget.
Module for the exchange of Topographic data
PKmaps allows to display many file formats simply as a background map, or in order to incorporate external data to the project:
- DWG / DXF
- Sowing of XYZ points (with calculation of digital terrain model)
- Shp + database
- Free maps of web services (Google, Bing, Open Street Map). PKmaps allows also to save routes through GPS reception and to return them on the map. A specific interface allows simply and quickly to detect the works through GPS.
Module for document management
The module for document management allows the user to immediately find documents related to a location. The module also provides the ability to filter documents within the project.
Modules to read files of the cadastre
Importing directly in PKmaps files from the high performance surveys it is possible to view all the items related to road infrastructure. Filling out the appropriate tabs it is possible to insert new information aimed at defining the state of wear specific for each item. The objects of the road cadastre, included in the appropriate modules, which have been the subject of a detailed development are the following.
Management of royalties
Module of advertising installations
The management of advertising billboards that allows to produce an output on the value of taxation, contract deadlines or contract renewals can be useful both for public administrations, as for companies specialized in this sector.
Module for management of taxable surfaces
Similarly to what was done in the module of advertising billboards we are able to associate to areal and linear elements the precise information for the identification of driveways, the name of the owner, the square meters of surface to be taxed and the amount to be paid with regard to the reference regulations.
Module for management of accidents
The module for management of accidents is the tool to store, analyze and display all traffic accidents in a specific area. The information describing accidents follow the structure of ISTAT in accidents archiving. This information, combined with technical data from other modules of PKmaps, can bring out the dangerous areas (black points) and influence the priorities of replacement of works..
Module of road signs
The module of road signs has been realized for the display of detected panels, the description of their technical characteristics, and finally the management of intervention priorities. The analysis is performed for both panel and support. The operator fills out a specific checklist allowing the evaluation of the degradation of the signalling device as a whole or for its various components.
Module for management of safety barriers
The module was born from the need to know the state of the guardrails in order to improve road safety. It was necessary to create a method to determine the priority of interventions (Ro.Sa.Ma.S. Project – in collaboration with Provincia di Pisa, Servizio Viabilità) based on the state of elements and road conditions.
Module of urban furniture
Intended to manage a wide variety of urban objects, the technician must simply check the defects that he observed. The list of damages is adapted to each object.
Module for the degradation of road surface
Based on a method of expertise simple to understand, the degradations of the road are analyzed to determine the gravity, the priority of works, and globally the incurred risk.
Completely customizable, the damages can have various levels of gravity.
In order to make simple and fast the input for not putting in danger a technician on the open road, the notation of the degradation is made by percentage of the damaged width.
The module for visual management of degradation allows to monitor the evolution and to determine the need for a specialist intervention or instrumentation.
Other viewable elements
- Bridges, viaducts and underpasses;
- Tunnels and overpasses;
- Elements defining the road section;
- Protection of the roadway;
- Anti-noise barriers;
- Road markings;
- Variable message signs;
- Speed bumps;
- Measuring points of traffic;
- Lighting structures;
- Parking spaces;
- Service areas of appurtenance;
- Hydraulic structures;
- Buildings related to the road (warehouses, service areas);
- Level crossings;
- Cycle paths.
Modules under development
The module for the degradation of road surface, the module for the road survey, the module for the calculation of black points, which makes it possible to verify the sight distances and to identify the black points. Furthermore, with reference to the DL 35 of 2011, is under development a module for the analysis of all the elements related to road infrastructure, thus evaluating the degree of total danger of the road.
For every module we obtain files (in Word or Excel format) which allow to have a list of elements requiring a repair according to the priorities of intervention. Is it possible to enter in PKmaps information about prices, thereby obtaining a cost estimate. The realization of plans is made in pdf, dwg or kml. The last one is used for the on-line display of information.